I SUPPORT CRED
Coloradans for Responsible Energy Development (CRED) was created to educate the public on the safe, environmentally responsible energy development practices of the oil and natural gas industry.
Although the oil and natural gas industry is a significant economic force in Colorado - pumping $29.6 billion into the state economy in 2012 - many residents admit they don't understand some industry practices. CRED is here to change that.
I support the fracking education efforts of Coloradans for Responsible Energy Development and its following principles:
- Fracking is safe. Fracking has been safely used in Colorado for more than 60 years and more than 90 percent of all wells today are fracked. On average, fracking only takes a few days to complete, and dramatically improves the longevity of a producing well.
- Colorado is a recognized national leader in energy regulation. The Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) helped make Colorado a role model for having one of the most comprehensive and strongest environmental rules sets in the nation. This includes requiring operators to publicly disclose chemicals used in the fracking process to FracFocus.org, a nationwide online database.
- The oil and gas industry is a key driver of Colorado’s economy. According to the CU Leeds School of Business, in 2012, Colorado’s oil and natural gas industry supports over 111,000 Colorado jobs and more than $29 billion in economic activity and almost $1.6 billion in public revenue.
- Natural gas provides clean, affordable energy to Colorado. Natural gas, in part, helps keep Colorado’s energy costs 23 percent lower than the rest of the country.
- We rely on facts and data to guide discussion. CRED believes discussions on energy issues should be driven by facts and data to guide the right decisions for Colorado.